Home Page

School Name

Stocks GreenPrimary School


Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if my child is absent or sick?

Please phone the office on every day of absence leaving a message on the answer phone (option1) and on return a letter explaining the absence must be sent in to the school office. If your child has been physically sick or had diarrhoea please keep them away from school until 48 hours after the last episode.


What happens if somebody else is going to collect my child?

Please inform the class teacher preferably via the home contact book for infants, or inform the school office before 2.30pm.


What is the best way for me to contact my child's teacher?

The best way to contact your child's teacher is in writing or via the home contact book. Please do not interrupt the class teacher before school unless it is urgent. 


My child has a dental/hospital appointment what should I do?

Please endeavour to make appointments at the beginning or end of the day, confirming the appointment in writing. If it is an urgent appointment a message should be left on the answer phone (option1) 


Can I take my child out of school during term time?

Requests for leave of absence during term time will not be authorised unless there are exceptional circumstances. Please see the Attendance Policy found at the bottom of this page for a full explanation.


How do I make payments for school trips etc.?

Payments for school meals, Trips & Clubs are made available to pay online via "ARBOR".  Payments can also  be made by cheque payable to Stocks Green School . We no longer accept cash payments .


How do I pay for school lunches?

School lunches cost £2.68 per day.  Our caterers Nourish operate a cashless system and all payments to be made online via ARBOR. 


What is the procedure for resolving an issue I have?

All issues must be addressed to your child's class teacher in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may be referred to the Deputy Headteacher and then, if necessary, to the Headteacher. 


I am having problems receiving the texting and/or email service, what should I do?

Please contact the school office and we will check that we have your correct email address and/or mobile telephone number. 


My child is arriving late to school or needs to leave early, what should I do?

All children that arrive at school after 8.50am or need to leave school before 3.15pm must do so via the school office so that registers can be mark accordingly.